TWIST ON A CAESAR SALAD
I’ m all about a good caesar salad, but I can’t stand it when there is a heavy anchovy flavor. So, I went out to find the best caesar dressing recipe, and this is it!
Instead of using anchovies for that kick of salty, intense flavor, I used capers. If you don’t know what a caper is, it’s basically the edible flower bud of a plant that they pickle. It tastes a bit like a touch more salty pickle. They are very easy to find, and will be in the pickle area of your grocery store. They look like green round seeds floating in liquid (see picture below, they are sprinkled on top of the salad as well as in the dressing)
servings: 2 cups
prep time: 10 minutes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp capers & another for shrinking on top (if desired)
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise, best quality such as Hellmann’s Real
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4-6 Tbsp. avocado or olive oil
Combine all of the ingredients into a food processor or small blender, and mix until all of the ingredients are well combined. Add more oil if you would like a thinner dressing.